- Resolve to stay faithful to Jesus Christ. He is the one Truth, Way and Life. There's no reason to look elsewhere.
- Resolve to not let anything – a career, a significant other, social media, a house – become an object of worship.
- Resolve to watch your language and not speak any destructive talk, especially involving the name of God.
- Resolve to prevent burnout by putting aside work one day a week. Trust God to provide for your needs that day and just enjoy the time He's given you.
- Resolve to talk to your parents on a regular basis, and show them love and respect.
- Resolve to be angry less. Channel any feelings of rage, which Jesus said are as severe as murder, into worshiping God and serving others.
- Resolve to honor your commitment to your spouse. Whether in thought or in deed, stay pure and loyal in the union God made.
- Resolve to not take anything that's not yours, including stuff you can hold and put in your pocket, and plenty that you can't, like music downloads, streaming movies and hours on your timecard.
- Resolve to speak about others only with truth and love, not gossip.
- Resolve to be content with what you have, and not worry about that others are amassing.
- I am a mother who works full-time but who is also a chauffer, chef, seamstress, fitness instructor, teacher, maid, gardener, runner, organization expert, salesperson, secretary and wife. I love my family and life is always busy but fun! Come along with me for the ride:-)
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
At church, we had a lesson this past Sunday on 10 Goals Every Christian Should Have - here they are:
Everyone makes physical resolutions - lose weight, eat right, exercise - only to have those go by the wayside rather quickly.
The ones above are personal, spiritual goals that really should not be New Year's Resolutions - they should be at the heart of every Christian on every day of every month of every year of our lives. Teach them to your children too - they are important.
The Brandon Moncriefs hope that each and every one of you has a very wonderful 2014. Love each other, spend time together with your families (no phones, no TV, no electronic devices - just talk and be together), love even those who are "unlovable". Give to those less fortunate - people are so blessed and so rich even when they don't think they have enough - so share what you do have.
BLESSINGS IN THE NEW YEAR AND LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS!!!