Thursday, May 5, 2011

3 Things Thursday

Maybe I should say six or nine things.....it's been a couple of weeks since I've posted this on Thursday. Been busy as is everyone with the school year ending and routines being adjusted for the coming 2.5 months.

1. Easter, Pageants & Technical Issues -- those are the reasons I haven't posted lately. Haven't even read a book to blog about but I have a couple to review soon. We stayed home for Easter - it was nice to just relax and chill at our house with the girls. Cassie was recently in the Miss Brandon day pageant. She didn't place but I was so proud of how poised she was. It amazes me how vastly different "puberty" adjustments occur from girl to girl. To me - Cassie has grown so much but beside the 12 year olds who placed, she looked seven. Something to be said about 4 more inches in height and body parts I guess. It was amusing. The young lady who won in the 7-9 year old category was more "growny" than Cassie and was taller by inches!! I will post pictures soon. Our computer has been messed up - final diagnosis....mother board fried. Not fun.

2. Usama or Osama....whatever ! -- No matter what Obama wants the media to call him - he's gone. An evil man is gone and I'm sure he's where God intends him to be. Unfortunately - terrorism is NOT gone and that's something people need to remember. It's here and it's everywhere. The world is evil and it makes me so scared and sad to wonder what type of world my girls are going to grow up in - unless Jesus decides to return as the Bible promises.

3. Mother's Day -- is THIS Sunday. Yes that's right for you folks who may have forgotten. May 8th is Mother's Day. Many people have issues and conflicts with their mothers. If you're one of those people -- my advice is to overlook them for this ONE day & reflect on the good qualities in your mother. She is your mother and she's the only one you'll ever have. My mother died unexpectedly 21 years ago when she was only 5.5 years older than I am now (that really makes you think about mortality). She never got to meet or see her beautiful granddaughters and handsome grandson. Around Mother's Day I always wonder what type of grandmother she would have been.....reserved, thoughtful & quiet; lively, entertaining & "fun"; it really doesn't matter because she's not here. But I do know that she would have been like other grandmothers----loving, forgiving, GIVING (even sneaking to when moms & dads disagree), full of hugs, kisses, etc. As it is - I am SO very thankful that I have a wonderful stepmother, Connie, who is all of those things to my girls and her other 16 grandchildren.

No comments:

My Profile

I am a mother who works full-time but who is also a chauffer, chef, seamstress, fitness instructor, teacher, maid, gardener, runner, organization expert, salesperson, secretary and wife. I love my family and life is always busy but fun! Come along with me for the ride:-)

Status


View My Stats