Friday, May 20, 2011

3 Things Thursday......A Few Days Late!

Whew what a week last week was. I would ask for a do-over but I think I'll just move on past it and it's already this week anyway :-)

1. Compliance - if you work in compliance in any form at your job, you get it ...... "exams / audits". Enough said about this one - but it will all be good in the end. Just a busy, chaotic, unorganized week - and I hate working in those conditions. I am already catching up this week.

2. Do I need to explain that I am an adult? - and therefore I have a right to my own opinion? Even if you don't agree with it? We are all different, from different backgrounds, from different beliefs, from different walks in our life. We were born that way and we will die that way. You can love people and you can like people without agreeing with their opinions, their way of life, or their beliefs. The inevitable lack of personal communication that abounds today because of social media needlessly causes hurt feelings, misdirected anger, and utter confusion. One day, friends won't talk to friends and children REALLY won't know how to have a conversation...except when pushing buttons on a computer. It's already happening. "Friends" are blocking friends, people are making "underhanded" comments to get a point across that they are too chicken to say to someone's face, children and parent don't talk - REALLY talk. Cashiers have gotten angry with me in stores - I stop unpacking my buggy and pointedly have told a few that when they stop texting and start checking me out, I'll continue. I'm not rude - just firm. I've gotten dirty looks but I have gotten my point across. Speaking up no longer embarrasses me.

3. Schools out!! - and it's time to relax and enjoy our brief summer break. I hope that each of you has time to go on a vacation with your families. Even if it's just for the weekend. Our lives are so stressful today with work, activities, family issues, and school. It is so easy to get stuck in a rut and forget to relax.

No comments:

My Profile

I am a mother who works full-time but who is also a chauffer, chef, seamstress, fitness instructor, teacher, maid, gardener, runner, organization expert, salesperson, secretary and wife. I love my family and life is always busy but fun! Come along with me for the ride:-)

Status


View My Stats