- I am a mother who works full-time but who is also a chauffer, chef, seamstress, fitness instructor, teacher, maid, gardener, runner, organization expert, salesperson, secretary and wife. I love my family and life is always busy but fun! Come along with me for the ride:-)
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
It's that time of year - the holidays officially begin this week and traffic, shopping and preparations will be chaotic. About six months ago, I had booked a mountain vacation for this week so that my family could have some down time together where it is quiet and we could relax - something that we have not done in a while. Due to circumstances beyond my control, we have changed our vacation and we are home this week. However, we are still going to have a wonderful week together with relaxation and fun things to do.
On FaceBook a few people (myself included) are posting specific things they are thankful for each day. Being thankful is something we should do daily throughout the year. I think that a lot of people are thankful all the time, but it is so easy to forget to express our thankfulness vocally to those who need to hear it. Here is my "unspoken" list -
1. I am thankful for my girlfriends - ALL of them. Specifically - Brandy, Brenda, Amanda, Connie, Christy & Susan. We don't see each other as often as we should but we seem to be able to just get into the groove and talk even after being apart for a couple of weeks or longer. We are all busy and do not get to talk or visit much - but I love you guys and don't tell you often enough.
2. I am thankful for my church family. We are very small - some Sundays there are 15-20 of us and other Sundays there are over 50. But we are close, we love each other and know that we can depend on each other for anything.
3. I am thankful for my Daddy. He is the greatest man I know. He is patient, kind, loving and quite insightful about life. I Corinthians 13: 4-7 fits him perfectly. It is as if God wrote the verses just for him. He has taught me so many things. And all just by being himself and being the great example he is.
4. I am thankful for my husband and children. My girls are the highlight of my life. Cassie is beautiful, bright, lively (very), fun, outgoing and always happy. Bailee is beautiful, smart, quiet, thoughtful, and full of insight for her age - she is like a wise old woman in a nine year old's body. My husband is the hardest working man I know. He loves us without fail and we make a great team - he and I do.
Today, what are you thankful for? I know that everyone is rushing around, busy, traveling, cooking, decorating and the like. But please take a few moments to stop and reflect on your life - how wonderful God is, how thankful you are for, how loved you are. Even if you're having difficulties at this time in your life, God loves you - He always has and He always will. Reflect on the verses below and don't ever forget that!
Everyone have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!!
Psalm 136:26 Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.
John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.