Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm Ready - Are YOU Ready ?

I don't know about you but we start school here in Mississippi THIS WEEK - the hottest week of the year. I just can't figure it out - it gets earlier every year. The high every day is 100 with a heat index of at least 110. It never ceases to amaze me why we don't start after Labor Day like other sections of the USA. We get out earlier but June is much cooler than August so why not stay in later and start later?

Most of you know how much I hate to shop. We bought school supplies three weeks ago - all at ONE TIME. My girls have plenty of clothes so we're not doing that part of the school shopping until it's cooler and clothes are needed. Thankfully we do not wear uniforms so no money expense there. I ordered lunch boxes and backpack from LL Bean so no shopping there.......needless to say I'm sure there will be many parents out there this week and this coming weekend, scrambling to find those last few elusive items:-) I do not envy them at all either.

The girls will be at separate schools so I'm sharing carpooling duties with another mom. We will be switching every other week so each set of two children can have their mom dropping them off on a rotating basis.

Be on the lookout for school day pictures.

Wanda

No comments:

My Profile

I am a mother who works full-time but who is also a chauffer, chef, seamstress, fitness instructor, teacher, maid, gardener, runner, organization expert, salesperson, secretary and wife. I love my family and life is always busy but fun! Come along with me for the ride:-)

Status


View My Stats