Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Things Thursday

1. Do you ever wonder...? What is wrong with the world? What is wrong with people? What is wrong with governments? What is wrong PERIOD?? My mother used to tell me that when I was around 3 years old I would ask question after question after question. I don't think I've ever stopped. I watch people and want to know what makes them tick. I watch world events and I wonder why cultures are so different. My eight year old asks very thought provoking questions and sometimes they are very hard to answer or explain. She stumps me sometimes (yes, I can be stumped LOL).....but I hope she never stops asking.

2. Cookies!!!! Everyone knows that it is Girl Scout cookie time. At this present time I have about 16 cases of cookies in my garage and on Friday that will increase to 46 cases. All those cookies and I've not eaten a single one........NO - it's not will power. It is a desire to feel better and since they contain soy and gluten products I am staying away. Those of you who know me well know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Thin Mints. I love them so much that I've found a gluten-free recipe to make them at home and after we are through selling them this weekend, I am going to make some. If you have not bought cookies this year, this coming weekend is your last chance!! Come to Flowood Walmart this Saturday from 4:30 to 6:30 pm - we will be selling at both doors.

3. Time..... Time is flying by this year and too fast! And I bet we are all guilty of running and running without stopping to smell the roses. Let's all slow down and spend time together with our families. I mean at home just relaxing too - not running to ball games, to parties, to the movies.....really enjoy just being together. Our family tries to stay at home as much as possible but I know families that they have to be going every minute of every day. Parents have raised their children to expect it so they are not satisfied unless that is what they are doing. Your children will really remember the times you played games, watched movies at home together, sat on the patio and grilled, dug in the dirt or just laughed. Really make an effort to make some memories-----before time passes so fast that they are grown and gone and you wonder what happened!

No comments:

My Profile

I am a mother who works full-time but who is also a chauffer, chef, seamstress, fitness instructor, teacher, maid, gardener, runner, organization expert, salesperson, secretary and wife. I love my family and life is always busy but fun! Come along with me for the ride:-)

Status


View My Stats